Thursday, October 9, 2008

Your Childs's View of Work

What do you think a child's view of your work might be? Your children? The child in you?
Here are some possibilities:

  • I want to go to work and play computer games all day like they do
  • She sits at a desk with a putter and talks on the phone and runs around all over
  • My daddy works in a tall building. They don't let him out until after my bedtime
  • They bring work home at night and put sheets of paper in piles
  • They hate something called the boss. I think it has something to do with white and brown cows
  • They have chairs with wheels on them
  • Their computers must be bad drivers because they crash
  • They must have a lot of timeouts at work
  • When I call them at work they whisper so I can't hear them
  • I don't think they would have much to say at show and tell
  • All they do at recess is drink coffee
  • I like Saturdays because mom takes me to where she works and I can take pictures of my hands
  • Someday I'm going to work with my daddy to see the clowns he works with
  • I wish my mon wouldn't bring so much work home. Couldn't they just put her into a slower learning group?
  • Did you know my mommy works for a witch?

Excerpt from Laughing Nine to Five

No comments: