Thursday, May 22, 2008

Handling Exit Interviews!

Let's imagine for a moment that you lost your job because of layoffs, re-structuring, the boss's spouse, or for no reason at all.

Your organization may have exit interviews. (You can check this out in something called a HR handbook. HR means Human Reductions.) If they do you can restore your self esteem quickly.

Try these possibilities:

  • I'm glad it happened. Now I can concentrate on selling my poetry.
  • The hours of work didn't work out with my boyfriend.
  • The office was stuffy and the view was not good.
  • No eligible men
  • My live-in moved out so my expenses went down
  • I want to work someplace where I don't make so much money
  • I'm going to win the lottery this summer
  • My supervisor expected me to work even when it was inconvenient for me
  • I didn't want to stay here so long that it would be possible for me to file an age discrimination suit
  • I didn't have time to make entries in my diary
  • I got a rash every time I got within ten feet of another employee---she was my supervisor
(Excerpt from Laughing Nine to Five)

No comments: