Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Role of Laughter and Humor

Humor workshop participant Melissa reports:

"The role of laughter has always been important in my life. I have had to raise five children as well as care for a disabled husband; without laughter life would have indeed been depressing at times. I use laughter as often as I can to dissuade arguments and make every stressful situation better.

It's the best medicine around. I used to brighten up my aging mother's mood often before she passed away and it still brings me a great deal of comfort knowing I made such a difference in her life.

The value of humor in connections is immeasurable. If you can make someone you are talking to smile, they will be much more receptive to your message. Whether personal or business to bring a smile to someone's face makes everyone feel better about any situation."

No comments: